<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, May 14, 2004

ExtraTV.com : 'Idol' Insider: London Calling

La Toya London gave "Extra" her first interview since the shocking announcement that the 'Idol' favorite had been voted out of the competition, Wednesday night, sharing her reactions as well as her plans for the future. One thing's for sure, even if she's out of competition, you haven't heard the last of La Toya.

The vote seemed to surprise everybody. Did La Toya herself expect to be the one voted off? "No, I didn't expect it. Not this soon. I don't know," La Toya laughed. "Maybe they didn't watch the show that night."

And for the first time, La Toya talked about her feelings for Jasmine, who may have gotten America's sympathy vote at La Toya's expense. "It's not her fault. I know she has a lot of mixed emotions. She is happy. I know she feels bad for me."

And while La Toya was always Simon's favorite singer, he thought she had no personality, commenting, "I think it was quite boring." But Simon told us that it was La Toya's Tuesday night interview with Ryan Seacrest that really did her in, when she said of herself, "At this point you are a winner, I mean everyone's gonna move on and have great careers."

Says Simon of that comment, "it was one of the dumbest things I've ever heard said after a performance."

However, that's not the way La Toya sees it. "I was there to handle my business," she told us. "Not to make people like my personality."

But there is a side to La Toya that America hasn't seen -- she wants to be an actress. So who would be her ideal leading man? "Leading man? Johnny Depp."

And there could be another leading man for La Toya on the musical side of things: 'Idol' guest judge Elton John, who noted on the show that, "La Toya I would also give a record contract to straight away."

So, is La Toya going to go knocking on Elton's door? "Definitely," she confirmed.

Now, as the show moves on to the final 3, Seacrest broke news about next week's guest judge -- legendary music business mogul Clive Davis, who discovered stars like Whitney Houston and Alicia Keys, among many others. This is good news for the remaining idols, since, according to Ryan, Davis is, "the one that can really dictate what happens in their career."

La Toya may no longer be center stage -- but there's no doubt she'll be back!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?